Menu

• Home
  • Sailing in Greece

Sailing in Greece

• 24 Jul 2021 4:25 PM
    Message # 10772342
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Igor Bosnjak is organizing sailing with instructors that will start at port of Volos, Greece on Sunday, September 19, 2021 sometime in the afternoon (depending on when everyone gets there; you can board the boat starting at noon - 12:00 PM local time).

The boat(s) will return to port of Volos, Greece on Monday, September 27, 2021, late morning.

For this portion of the trip, the cost is roughly $1,300.00 per person. Food will be provided on the boat but we have to cook it (you would have staples to prepare the meal, but it is up to the crew to organize and cook; instructors are not doing this). If you decide to go out and have a meal at night when the boat docks, then that is on your own.

Now that things are opening up in Europe, prices are going up and people are booking vacations. 

The rest of the trip - that is something that you will have to organize on your own (flying into Greece, hotels, etc.). The bus ticket from Athens to Volos - the cost for return ticket is about 50 EUR for Sunday 19, 2021 leaving Athens at 9:00 AM and getting to Volos a little bit after 1:00 PM. The company only sells tickets 30 days in advance so we have to wait for August to buy the tickets.

Now, some of us will fly out of the US Friday evening (September 17, 2021), arrive to Athens on Saturday, September 18, 2021, relax a bit and then take the bus the next day to Volos . Some are looking to explore Athens beforehand. 

I would encourage you to think about how much time you want to spend in Greece, and then price things via Priceline, Expedia, etc. I would strongly encourage you to look at combining flights and hotel (there are options where you can specify different dates for hotel from your flight) and you should get significant savings.

Email me if interested in the trip.  More details here:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UVoXY18w_UanuMXVgBqbFy5c_IuuJsYaYyMyx_LWKPc/edit

© Pentagon Sailing Club