ASA 101/103 Basic Keelboat/Coastal
Never sailed before or has it been awhile? This is the course that will get you started!
Upon completion of this combined course you will be able to skipper a sloop-rigged keelboat of approximately 20 to 30 feet in length by day in light to moderate winds (up to 20 knots) and sea conditions.
Curriculum topics include:
- Basic Sailing Terminology
- Parts and Functions
- Helm and Sail Control
- Collision and Hazard avoidance
- Safety and Seamanship
Boat: Catalina Capri 22'
- 2 Weekday Classroom Sessons (Wed 7-9pm)
- 4 On the Water (OTW) Sessions (Sat & Sun 8am-4pm)
- At least 1 Instructor with up to 3 students per boat
- ASA Textbooks and log book
- 90 Day Trial Membership to American Sailing Association (ASA)
Course Certification Awarded:
American Sailing Association 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing
American Sailing Association 103 Basic Coastal Cruising