ASA 105 Coastal Navigation Exam
You have logged a fair amount of water time logged and are ready to be certified as an ASA navigator.
Prerequisites: ASA 101/103
Recommendations: Attend Winter Training Piloting & Navigation Course when available, find resources or private help to practice chart navigation with 1210Tr.
For participants who are able to demonstrate proficiency with navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters.
Exam topics include:
- Chart Symbols and Conventions
- Identify U.S. Coast Guard Navigation Publications
- Instruments Used for Navigation
- How to plotting and maintain a course
- Correcting for Set and Drift
- And More...
Exam Format: A timed exam in a proctored classroom setting
American Sailing Association 105 Coastal Navigation
Recommended Self Study References: