FREQUENT VOLUNTEER SEA MILES
PENTAGON SAILING CLUB, INC.
POLICY RESOLUTION 10-2017
Frequent Volunteer Sea Miles Program
WHEREAS, Paragraph 7 of the PSC Bylaws states, “Legislative and executive control of the Club, and custody of its funds and property, shall be the responsibility of a board of directors comprised of elected officers, collectively designated as the Bridge. The Bridge shall operate by simple majority as the policy and legislative body of the Club, with duties and responsibilities as defined in this paragraph and in paragraph 8.
WHEREAS, Paragraph 7a of the PSC Bylaws states, “The Bridge shall establish and publish policies and procedures for all programs and activities of the Club.”
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Pentagon Sailing Club Frequent Volunteer Sea Miles Program (PSC FVSM) is adopted and has the following terms:
1. Eligibility. Only standard members in good standing may earn FVSM coupons. Bridge members, bridge assistants, instructors, and the volunteers running events such as picnics, raft-ups, races, etc. contribute to making the Pentagon Sailing Club run. PSC recognizes the contributions of its volunteers through the PSC frequent Volunteer Sea Miles Program.
2. The Vice Commodore has overall responsibility for the PSC FVSM Program.
3. Every 8 hours of volunteer work earns one FVSM coupon. The Memorial Day and Labor Day Raft-up coordinators earn five FVSM coupons for those events (if a raft-up has more than one coordinator, the coordinators share the five coupons). The Bridge may make a special award of FVSM coupons for special actions (e.g., to the winner of the annual PSC photo contest).
4. Work at the marina, river boat maintenance, instruction in the Basic Sailing Classes, skippers of record for Bay and Social sails, and the Winter Training Program, etc. are recognized with FVSMs. Training is provided when necessary. No previous experience is required for most volunteer opportunities.
5. Reports of volunteer hours should be submitted to the Bridge Member responsible for a specific activity area. The member may submit activity records through more than one Bridge Member for the same time period but not for the same activity.
6. Bridge Members are responsible for certifying member hours counting towards FVSM coupons each month. Reports of volunteer hours are submitted to the designated FVSM Coordinator monthly: due by the 7th day of the following month.
7. Redemption: Each FVSM coupon is typically worth up to $25 towards PSC goods and services. By majority vote of the bridge members FVSM’s may be worth more than $25 for specific events or training activities. FVSMs can be redeemed towards use of the River boats, offset the cost of a Bay sailing trip, or other PSC activities. FVSMs may also be used towards purchases from the Chandlery.
8. Limitations: FVSMs have no actual cash value and may only be redeemed within specified limits. Some goods and services will have a limit on the number of FVSM coupons which may be applied. The redemption limit for specific goods and services is subject to change without notice.
9. Expiration: FVSM coupons are valid for two years from the date of issue.
THIS POLICY RESOLUTION WAS ADOPTED BY A MAJORITY VOTE OF 2022 PSC BRIDGE ON 20 Jan 2022.