Menu

• Home
  • De- Anonymize Yourself

De- Anonymize Yourself

• 18 Apr 2018 5:53 PM
    Reply # 6109770 on 5742412

Rachel,

That screen with the "x"'s is where you do it.  You have to push the "edit" button at the top right and then you will be able to select the settings for you want for your profile and whether you want them visible to members, everybody or just site administrators (you can't prevent that).  Just as a note, I have the forums set so the posts are only available to members who are logged in, so you will still only be visible to members there.

David

• 15 Apr 2018 9:32 PM
    Reply # 6100449 on 5742412
    Deleted user

Hi Chris,

I don't have any radio buttons on my "privacy" page, only the table with the x marks that were set as the default.  I tried the page in both safari and chrome.  

Rachel

• 18 Feb 2018 3:16 AM
    Message # 5742412
    Deleted user

With the advent of our new forums and changes to the website, many people will show up in the forums as "Anonymouse member". This makes it a real challenge to see who is part of the conversation and is a barrier to effective communication within the club.  Here's how you can throw away that Batman mask and reveal your alter ego.

1. Login to the website, which you already did to even be able to read this. See this isn't so tough.
    2. Click on the small person icon in the top right corner of any page. This will cause a pop-up to be displayed and from there you should click on "View profile".
    3. Click on the "Edit Profile" button and select the "Privacy" link to change what people can see about you.
    4. Click on the radio button in the middle "Members" column for your "First name" and "Last name" so that others can see who is in a discussion.
    5. Review other privacy options so that they meet your needs. Most notably, if you want other members to be able to contact you, allow them to see your phone number(s) and/or e-mail address(es). You can also give members the "Send message form" option which will let them draft an e-mail to you from this website using a web form without providing your e-mail address for everybody to see.
    6. Make sure that the check box "Show profile to others" is checked. It is located on the left, just above the part of that page where you assign the specific things that members can see.
    7. Click the "Save" button at either the top or bottom of the page.
    8. Click the "My directory profile" link that is right next to the "Edit profile" button.
    9. Ensure that your profile that other members will see is what you expect. If you enabled the "Send message form" permission, there will be a "Send Message" button at the top of your profile, next to your name. Go back and edit your profile again if you need to make any changes.
    10. You're all done! Your posts in the forums should now have your name instead of everybody being confused about talking to all these unknown users.

Let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

Last modified: 18 Feb 2018 4:03 AM | Deleted user
© Pentagon Sailing Club